- ‘Breast-Predict’ have developed a tool that may predict how effective chemotherapy is likely to be in treating triple-negative breast cancer patients.
- GLIOTRAIN : European Training Network PhD Student Position available
- CoEN Award to CSM-Network of Centres of Excellence in Neurodegeneration
- GLIOTRAIN, Brain Tumor Ireland and RCSI Presents Two Public Lectures- Friday March 9th
- Physiology News Letter 2nd Edition January 2018
- JPND fund the CSM and its partners 1.5M
- RCSI/CSM receives 5 M to develop the next generation imageable PDX models of Colorectal Cancer
- RCSI/CSM gets awarded €6million for the European Commission (EC) funded H2020 Health industry/academia project ‘COLOSSUS’
- RCSI to train new generation of researchers as part of another international study to tackle most common brain diseases
- Brain Tumor Ireland Biobank Progress Meeting was held at RCSI on Wednesday 26th Oct 2017
Monthly Archives: October 2016
The Royal College of Surgeons and the Centre for Systems Medicine will run its ‘Mini -Science TY programme’ on the 6th-8th of Feb 2017. We are seeking highly motivated students that have a keen interest in pursuing biomedical research as … Continue reading
Dr. Sinead Kinsella and Prof. Jochen Prehn published a review entitled ‘In the Middle of a Chain Interaction’ in the Journal of Molecular Cell- Previews see below for the link http://www.cell.com/molecular-cell/pdf/S1097-2765(16)30588-3.pdf
Title: Advances in immunotherapy for the treatment of glioblastoma, please see link to journal below http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11060-016-2299-2
Congratulations to Dr. Shona Pfeiffer for receiving IES Basic Science Grant ”research in microRNA therapeutics in the treatment of diabetes mellitus”.
To mark Cancer week (17th-23rd of October) , RCSI and the Centre for Systems Medicine are hosting a mini-symposium in the Cheyne Theatre, 123 St. Stephens Green @ 1pm-3 pm. RCSI Principal Investigators will present an overview of their cancer … Continue reading
Congratulations to Manuella Salvucci on her publication in the Journal of ‘Clinical Cancer Research’.
Dr. Manuela Salvucci and authors also published a paper in the Journal of ‘Clinical Cancer Research’. This study also investigated the potential clinical utility of a mathematical model (APOPTO-CELL) for identifying a patient-specific risk of unfavourable outcomes. see below for … Continue reading
Congratulations to Dr. Andreas Linder and authors on their recent publication in the journal ‘Gut’. In this study they tested a system based biomarker and prognostic tool (DR-MOMP) for stage III colorectal cancer (CRC). They found that DR- MOMP could … Continue reading
TY programme Application form.docx The Royal College of Surgeons and the Centre for Systems Medicine will run its ‘Mini -Science TY programme’ on the 6th-8th of Feb 2017. We are seeking highly motivated students that have a keen interest in … Continue reading