- ‘Breast-Predict’ have developed a tool that may predict how effective chemotherapy is likely to be in treating triple-negative breast cancer patients.
- GLIOTRAIN : European Training Network PhD Student Position available
- CoEN Award to CSM-Network of Centres of Excellence in Neurodegeneration
- GLIOTRAIN, Brain Tumor Ireland and RCSI Presents Two Public Lectures- Friday March 9th
- Physiology News Letter 2nd Edition January 2018
- JPND fund the CSM and its partners 1.5M
- RCSI/CSM receives 5 M to develop the next generation imageable PDX models of Colorectal Cancer
- RCSI/CSM gets awarded €6million for the European Commission (EC) funded H2020 Health industry/academia project ‘COLOSSUS’
- RCSI to train new generation of researchers as part of another international study to tackle most common brain diseases
- Brain Tumor Ireland Biobank Progress Meeting was held at RCSI on Wednesday 26th Oct 2017
Monthly Archives: February 2015
A systems biological analysis of apoptosome formation and apoptosis execution supports allosteric procaspase-9 activation.
The protease caspase-9 is activated on the apoptosome, a multi-protein signal transduction platform that assembles in response to mitochondria-dependent apoptosis initiation. Despite extensive molecular research, the assembly of the holo-apoptosome and the process of caspase-9 activation remain incompletely understood. Here … Continue reading
“Abeta oligomers and brain inflammation link synapse failure to neuronal insulin resistance and depression in Alzheimer’s disease”
The Centre for Systems Medicine is delighted to announce another speaker to its 2015 seminar series: Prof. Sergio T. Ferreira. Professor of Biophysics,Biochemistry, and Neuroscience, Institute of Biophysics Carlos Chagas Filho & Institute of Medical Biochemistry Leopoldo de Meis, Federal … Continue reading
Cancer Research – Past, Present and Future. Leading Irish and International scientists discuss how cancer research and treatment has evolved in recent years, and what the future holds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSi2EO4zyQo&feature=youtu.be Systems Medicine symposium, BREAST-PREDICT,Irish Cancer Society Collaborative Cancer Research Centre marking … Continue reading